Our client has been operating for over 100 years, supplying the construction industry with cement, aggregates and ready mixed concrete. This company has branches all over New Zealand and around the world.
We currently require a Terminal Operator to join the busy team in their Timaru depot. This role requires working 12 Hour Split Shifts, Including Night Shift, As Required
Your Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Operate And Provide First Line Maintenance Support For Site Equipment (Eg. Ship Unloader)
- Following All Operating Procedures Provided
- Unloading Shipments In A Timely Manner
- Loading Truck And Rail Shipments
- Completing All Necessary Paperwork/Reports
- Working Well As Part Of A Busy Team
- Adhering To All Company Health & Safety Procedures & Policies In A Busy Environment
To be successful for this role you will need to have a mechanical aptitude and a high level of machinery operating skills including PLC operated equipment. You will also be required to have some basic computer skills as well as good communication skills. A full Class 1 Licence is required as well as Forklift.
This role will require some travelling when required including travel to Auckland from time to time to assist with ship unloading operations and or to other South Island depots to cover leave absences of depot staff.
A full job description will be provided at interview stage.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY if you have NZ Citizenship, Residency or hold an Open Working Visa.
For further information please contact DKW Recruitment Group - Dunedin on the details below.
Start Date: ASAP
Contact: Ken Schumacher
Reference Number: 34225
Or Phone us on: (03) 470 3705 or 021 735 913